This will be no ordinary life
Work At Sonlight
Invest in kids. Live your faith in all of your work and play – be part of Sonlight in 2018.
College students who want to invest in youth this summer: we would love to meet you! We hire a diverse group of young people who all have a passion for “Being with kids and showing them God”.
All summer 2018 positions are listed below. We hire for a wide variety of summer positions, from assistant cook to counselor and everything in between. Please read over the job description of positions you are interested in before you apply.
“To be on staff at Sonlight is to be part of something bigger than yourself”TJ
All jobs will be open for application by mid-December
Ready for the summer of your life?
Click on the job position for a detailed job description
Plan to apply to have the summer of your life!
- Assist with program setup, dishes, mowing and all things “behind the scenes”
- Build relationships with campers, lead activities, small groups and cabin time.
- Responsible for healthcare for campers and staff
- The RN commitment may be just one (or more) week(s) at a time
- Responsible for the 2 children (ages 5 and 8) of the Directors
- When not caring for the children, will assist with “behind the scenes” work to include program setup, dishes, mowing and other tasks
- Capture memories of each camp week with video and photos. Produce a highlight video each week, as well as take and organize photos.
- Guide backpack trips. Wilderness First Responder and backpack experience required
- Colorado State regulations require one guide to be 21 years of age or older
Why Sonlight? Our camp is small, and the benefits profound. We get to know kids on a personal level, and our impact is great. Each week is a different age group, so activities, worship and everything we do is tailored to that specific age group of campers. We live the Core Values of Sonlight as we work and play together
When does the hiring process begin? Our application process is open mid-December. We usually have all of our staff hiring by the beginning of April
Where do your staff come from? All over the USA! Our staff are a diverse group of young people from all across the country. Some staff are former campers, others found us on Google, and everything in between. We enjoy having a good mix of folks to have a well balanced team
Is this a paid position? Yes. All of our summer staff positions are paid. In addition to your paycheck you also receive room and board, laundry, and worker’s compensation insurance
When does staff training begin? Staff training begins May 25th. The summer season runs through August 11th. A staff commitment is for the entire summer season
Is your program of study camp related? You may be surprised to know that you can get academic credit from working at a summer camp! Sonlight is more than willing to work with college students who are interested in utilizing their summer not only as a summer job but as a paid internship or to receive college credit. Many of Sonlight’s summer positions relate to the following fields of study:
- Youth Ministry
- Outdoor Recreation
- Business Administration
- Food Service
- Nonprofit Administration
If you are interested in receiving academic credit by working at Sonlight, first check with your advisor. Usually it involves a bit of paperwork on your part. Any questions contact Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 970.264.4379 (main office)
Important Links and Forms
Sonlight 2017 Staff Handbook Everything you need to know about being on staff at Sonlight
2018 Staff Application The earlier you apply, the more likely you are to get an interview
Top reasons to work at camp this summer Provided by the American Camp Association.
Already hired? Log in for forms and details