Philosophy Of Ministry
- Be With Kids. Show Them God
- People loved and served unconditionally
- Intentional, Christ like community
- Doing more with less: maintaining simplicity, being relevant and sustainable
- Living in and with creation
- Small, temporary community in an outdoor context
- Sonlight is intentional in experiential learning, we lead with our Core Values applied to every aspect of our work and programming
- Leadership leads with “out of the box” thinking and problem solving
- Intergenerational relationships are a natural result of programming and longevity of leadership
Sonlight is…a not-for-profit organization entering our 38th year of operation. We present the gospel through programs and relationships. We focus on community and teamwork, striving to accept diversity and appreciate each individual as a child of God. We are governed by a Board of Directors. Camper tuition covers 100% of operating expenses. Donations are cheerfully accepted, and applied to the camper scholarship fund, Program Excellence Fund or the Endowment Fund. Sonlight does not discriminate against gender, age, choice of cookie, race, nationality, religion or disability. Sonlight is accredited by the American Camp Association and licensed as a Child Care facility by the State of Colorado.
Our Statement of Faith: We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God. We believe in one God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, died on the cross for our sins and ascended into heaven to be with God. We believe the church to be part of the body of Christ to help carry out the work of God. We believe that only through Jesus Christ can one have eternal life.